In response to the South African government declaring a National State of Disaster on 15 March 2020 and all schools closing on Wednesday 18 March 2020 until further notice, the SACTWU Edufundi project have suspended normal operations for the time being. We will continue to reach out to our community virtually and we are coming up with alternative ideas as to how we can support the most vulnerable at this time. Wishing everyone good health at this time.
We are taking the following precautions:
- All contact with schools by the Edufundi team and all workshops are on hold until we get official notification from the National Department of Education on the next official steps.
- All Lead Like a Champion (LLAC) workshops are suspended for now until we have a clearer indication of when it will be safe to hold them again.
- All domestic travel is suspended for our staff until further notice.
- Our head office will limit the number of people coming to work. All our staff have laptops, so they will work virtually and be available online. This is especially applicable to staff members who have to use public transport to get to work.
- Our Teambuilding and AGM scheduled for June is on hold for now.
- All staff are to work from home as much as possible and limit their social interaction for the next while.
- While we do need to take care of our ourselves and our families and stay healthy, please can we also ensure that we are reaching out to the very vulnerable members of society who will definitely need our support at this time.
For accurate information on COVID-19, and what you can do to protect yourself, please consult credible sources only. The World Health Organization https://www.who.int/ and the World Economic Forum https://www.weforum.org/ are the official sources of information to rely on.
If you need any further information or have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us directly.
Wishing you all strength and good health during this difficult time.